The Australian Catholic Primary Principals’ Association (ACPPA) is seeking applications from suitably qualified persons for the position of Executive Officer.
ACPPA provides a valued and considered voice for Australian Catholic primary schools. It is a recognised and respected national association that represents Catholic Primary Principals and Leaders from over 1240 primary schools and 150 combined primary/secondary schools from all of the states and territories of Australia. These schools educate over 400,000 primary students.
ACPPA’s focus continues to be on advocacy and representative work undertaken by the National Board and its members to influence the development and implementation of national education priorities and structures.
ACPPA is an association member of the Australian Primary Principals Association (APPA) as are each of its member associations. Importantly, ACPPA works cooperatively with the Australian Government Primary Principals Association (AGPPA) and the Independent Primary School Heads Association of Australia (IPSHA) in contributing to the wider policy development led under the auspices of APPA.
It is highly desirable that the successful applicant possesses extensive experience as a Principal in the Catholic primary sector along with a willingness to support the growth and development of Catholic primary education in Australian schools.
Recognising that the current President is a full-time school principal, the Executive Officer carries out the daily work of ACPPA as directed by the President and National Board. The ACPPA President is the spokesperson on all matters though may, from time to time and as appropriate, delegate that role to the Vice-President, National Board members or Executive Officer. Key responsibilities of the Executive Officer will focus on organisational development and strategy, policy, membership and budgeting, advocacy and external relationships, and public affairs and media.
This is a national full-time permanent role with a salary commensurate with that of a Catholic primary principal associated with the NSW Catholic Principal pay Scales. Applicants from all Australian States/Territories are encouraged to apply. The position location can be negotiated with the successful applicant.
A Position Description for the Executive Officer can be found here.
- A willingness to support the Catholic ethos and moral agency of ACPPA and its member schools is essential.
- An understanding of the Australian curriculum as it relates to primary education and an awareness of the challenges and opportunities which influence Catholic primary education.
- Experience in working with a state or national principal organisation.
- Highly organised and with the ability to self-manage workloads.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn/work with a range of IT platforms and Microsoft software.
The application should include
- An introductory letter no longer than 2 pages detailing your experience in the Catholic Primary Sector
- Resume detailing the names of three referees, one of who should be your most recent employer.
- Selection Criteria (4-page maximum)
Applications in PDF format only are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 1st October 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be notified by phone if they have been successfully shortlisted by Friday 14 October.
Interviews will be held Monday 24 and Tuesday, October 25 in Sydney. Reasonable costs associated with attending the interview process will be discussed for all shortlisted candidates.
Enquiries can be directed to email@example.com